The Code for the Next Wave
A live, virtual, multi-camera keynote and workshop to inspire, connect and engage remote teams in this turbulent time. A powerful process to activate the power of purpose to catch the next wave.
Leadership Resilience Speaker, best-selling author, entrepreneur and former World Surfing Champion Shaun Tomson has teamed up with organizational learning specialists, Joshua Mitchell and Brad Batesole of Madecraft, to create unique, live and interactive conferences that can be experienced by thousands of employees, even while working from home.
In the short term, in the era of social distancing, organizations will all have to change the way they do business and change how their employees interact with one another. Tens of millions of employees have transitioned to working at home, and this period of physical and psychological disruption presents new issues for organizations which are faced with four fundamental and immediate challenges.
- Employee stress caused by anxiety about job security; their own and their families’ safety and wellbeing; being overwhelmed by working in crisis mode on a sustained basis; adjusting to working from home.
- Employee disengagement from one another and from organizational purpose
- Potential erosion of productivity
- Lack of motivation
We believe we can alleviate these issues with our live, virtual keynotes and interactive workshops which will motivate, inspire and educate remote teams and employees to remain engaged with each other, and the organization’s core purpose. These are intentionally designed experiences, built to be instructionally sound, enriched with quality slides and graphics, interactive, and captured in a way to make the audience truly feel connected.
“Thank you for two of the finest hours of my life. Your presentation was inspirational, uplifting and life giving. The 20 minutes I spent writing my personal code at the end were the most reflective and peaceful of my week. You are changing the world one life at a time. Paddle back out!” Patrick D. Jones, Executive Director and CEO, International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association, Washington, DC, June 2020
“Shaun Tomson shared a powerful message in his keynote and workshop with our Talent Acquisition and Talent, Development & Inclusion teams working remotely across the globe: ‘What is our Code and what is our purpose?’ Shaun showed how we can we all use the power of purpose to drive forward through this uncertain time. Thanks Shaun for the incredibly moving and important messages and tools you shared with us. I’ve continued to hear fantastic feedback from the team!” Bill Stott, VP Global Talent Acquisition, Gilead Sciences, May 2020
With the world in a state of flux and employees working from home, individuals need to maintain a deep connection to their organization. Curated, online, live and inspirational conferences are the wave of the future with many financial benefits accruing including reduced costs associated with flights, hotels, food and conference venue.
However, the real benefit is not financial but psychological – virtual live keynotes and workshops safely maintain the connectivity amongst individuals across regions and can unite and inspire separated individuals and teams with a mission of a shared purpose.
What’s on the agenda:
- A virtual keynote drawing upon my unique experiences as a world-champion surfer and entrepreneur.
- A 20-minute session in which each participant is guided on writing their Code – a 12-line commitment to (re)awaken purpose, and (re)connect and empower others with heart, courage, and presence, each line beginning with “I will.”
- An interactive process of participants texting their “I will…” statements that are shown via Poll Everywhere on a powerpoint slide. This process connects individuals at a deeply emotional level and creates a wave of positive emotional contagion to inspire and uplift in this challenging time.